Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Xperia z1 Compact (scratching)

Options
  • 31-03-2014 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Is this just me. I keep my phone in my pocket with nothing else in it except perhaps a cloth hanky. Yet, I have noticed much more scratching on both the front and back of it compared to my IPhone 5. Is this a common problem with these sony devices?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fguinan

roleplayer wrote: »
    Is this just me. I keep my phone in my pocket with nothing else in it except perhaps a cloth hanky. Yet, I have noticed much more scratching on both the front and back of it compared to my IPhone 5. Is this a common problem with these sony devices?
    Yes. Sony put a plastic film over the front and back glass of the z1. This plastic scratches very easily.
    It's very annoying. You can peel off the plastic but I think it voids the warranty.
    I have done it to the z1 and the glass underneath is very scratch proof!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 roleplayer

Thanks for that, I can't find anything else to peel off barring the plastic I would consider packaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fguinan

You can follow this youtube video.

I removed mine with a Stanley blade very easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

How are you finding the z1 compact, thinking of changing from my s2 and I'm liking the look of the z1 compact

• Registered Users Posts: 38 roleplayer

Hi there,
    I am enjoying the experience I am having with the Z1 compact, there were a few initial setup issues when in the shop they tried using the sony facility to copy everything from one phone to the new one. My older phone was the IPhone 5, all was going well, but the battery ran out in the new phone so it cocked up.

The phone itself feels well in my average size hands, the keyboard, screen, speaker, and earbuds, all work well. I have found all my old IPhone apps on the play store. No worries there.

A big plus though is the battery life, with the same ammount of usage as previously, being a mixture of data and voice I am getting more then twice the life.

My previous worries about the scratching are still there, I am wary of peeling off the anti-shatter layer (but I can see it is there alright).

Finally, as to if it is actually water proof or not, we'll I'll leave that to you to find out :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

Cheers for the reply. Ye I have heard great news about the battery which is normally always and issue but the z1 compact seems to fair up well.

Hopefully I'll get one in the coming weeks and who knows I might be brave enough to try the water test haha
    roleplayer wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I am enjoying the experience I am having with the Z1 compact, there were a few initial setup issues when in the shop they tried using the sony facility to copy everything from one phone to the new one. My older phone was the IPhone 5, all was going well, but the battery ran out in the new phone so it cocked up.

The phone itself feels well in my average size hands, the keyboard, screen, speaker, and earbuds, all work well. I have found all my old IPhone apps on the play store. No worries there.

A big plus though is the battery life, with the same ammount of usage as previously, being a mixture of data and voice I am getting more then twice the life.

My previous worries about the scratching are still there, I am wary of peeling off the anti-shatter layer (but I can see it is there alright).

Finally, as to if it is actually water proof or not, we'll I'll leave that to you to find out :D

Advertisement