Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MtG cards, from when they first were released

Options
  • 31-03-2014 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi there all,
    I have 1000s of MTG cards from when they were released until maybe yrs ago, when work etc took over. Are any of these old cards playable any more? Would there be rare cards from that time people would love to have in their decks?

Is there anywhere, I could use to help me find out this information.

All help greatly recieved,
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 roleplayer

I got a reply from a shop where the cards are sold (new ones obviously) and where games are played a number of nights a week, it says:

"Some of the old magic cards are useful for "legacy" format but most of the older ones would be unusable outside of friendly games"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭luisspellcast

hey buddy -- you might have some valuable cards there so don't just bin them yet -- if they were kept in good (up to mint) condition you might make some money out of it

if your intention is to play in tournaments, then follow this link for the formats available:

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/tcg/resources.aspx?x=mtg/tcg/resources/formats

also, there is a facebook page, called "this is irish magic," which works more or less as a hub for the irish mtg community and some people might be interested in the cards, or will advise you better

• Registered Users Posts: 38 roleplayer

Thanks a million for that,
    I wasn't planning on playing anymore. As you suggest I wasn't going to bin them. I am just trying to see if they would be of any use to anyone. I have all my mana cards of different colours in one box, then the cards of each colour devided up too, once I am bored enough I will devide and sort them by mana cost too.

Advertisement