Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone recycle phone chargers?

Options
  • 31-03-2014 9:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭

I've given a number of phones away to Jack & Jill over the years, both mine and from family members. However, I have a small shopping bag full of chargers that they didn't want. Do you know if anyone does want them or should I simply put them in the black bin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Advertise them on adverts.ie , someone is bound to want some of them

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭DoBhrionn

You could put them up on the likes on adverts or done deal and give them away. Especially if there are older chargers, you'd be surprised to see some people still use them. The same goes for the micro USB charger, most phones nowadays used this common connection (besides Apple) to reduce waste materials.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but for the most part, chargers are generally recyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

+1.

There is always someone looking for what you don't want. My sister-in-law was chucking out a little Nokia charger and sure it works fine with my old E61 that I use as a house phone. So I can leave its charger upstairs for my E72.

I have most of my old phones AND their chargers plus old family phones SANS chargers. Someone always needs a basic phone to get them through and I'm usually in a position to loan / give them one.

We waste so much. Definitely stick an ad up on Adverts, buyer must collect etc. They'll fly out.

Advertisement