Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mart label glue for heat detection scratch pads

Options
  • 30-03-2014 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

I want to use scratch pads for heat detection. I was told that the mart glue for the labels on the animals is good glue to use. I think its called "scotch weld glue. Where can I get it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Its evostik impact adhesive. You can get it in a small red tin in most good hardwares. I've used it before. Works a treat for that job

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

Muckit wrote: »
    Its evostik impact adhesive. You can get it in a small red tin in most good hardwares. I've used it before. Works a treat for that job

That's the one. It probably works out more expensive but you can buy it in tubes too like toothpaste tubes and I find its handy for spreading on the patch by squeezing a little at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭dungfly

Nice one lads. Very snappy response. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭trixi2011

dungfly wrote: »
    I want to use scratch pads for heat detection. I was told that the mart glue for the labels on the animals is good glue to use. I think its called "scotch weld glue. Where can I get it?
    Spray on carpet glue supposed to be good for this job as well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

trixi2011 wrote: »
    Spray on carpet glue supposed to be good for this job as well

PG and Munster do the spray on glue. Spray it on, leave it a minute to get sticky and then stick on the scratch card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭dungfly

PG and Munster
    Who are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Progressive Genetics. AI company

Advertisement