Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Network and form Bill to PAYG

Options
  • 30-03-2014 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm looking to change Network from a Meteor Sim only plan to a Tesco PAYG €15/month top up deal, is there any different process to this than simply changing from one PAYG network to another,
    I have had my mobile number for close to 20 years so do not want to risk losing it, if I say cancel my bill plan, can the number be 'dropped' by the network(Meteor), before I get my port to Tesco confirmed?

Any info/advise on this would be greatly welcomed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

1. It is quite simple, and it is done often. Once you are out of contract (and have given your notice to leave), you can freely port to any network.

2. By law, you are entitled to port/bring your number to any mobile network once there are no fees or charges on your account. I've moved network four times with my 085 number.

Give your notice to Meteor (if needed), register for a Tesco account, and request a number port.
    They'll do the leg work for you and get you set-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.
    I've also moved networks several times with a PAYG number I do also use depending on various deals going at times, but never moved my bill to PAYG so very unsure of process there.

It's a 30 day sim only contract if my next 30 days starts I presume I may be liable to pay for this, but would I have to give any other notice?
    In any case I've been on my plan since early 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Call them up and just tell them that you want to cancel your contract and they will inform you of the process.

Advertisement