Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy S5 or HTC M8

Options
  • 30-03-2014 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

I am due a new phone- had iphone last 4 years and am keen to break free from the shackles of apple!

Just wondering what the experts think about which one i should go for.

i know the HTC is available for Pre-Order now on 02 (im with o2 at min, happy to stick) and prob in shops from 11th April and ill wait to see can i haggle the price down a bit. Any idea of when the S5 will actually be avialable. Samsung seem keen to promote it without acyually revealing any release date

All help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 91AP

Hello,

The HTC M8 is actually due to be released this Thursday (April 3rd) in Ireland. The Galaxy S5 is probably going to launch April 11th.

I'm personally going for the M8. Although I've owned the S3 & S4, Samsung really didn't live up to their hype with the S5. The S5 is a beast of a phone don't get me wrong but it so is the M8. It comes down to two things, camera & design.

The S5's camera will be superior to the M8. I love taking pictures on my S4 and I am a bit worried about swtiching to the M8. The M8 will have better low light performance but the pictures will not be as detailed.

The M8's design is where it shines. Its by far the best looking phone on the market. The S5 is a major let down in terms of design and Samsung should not be charging €599 upwards for the phone.

Its up to you at the end of the day. Both phones will run about the same, the M8 maybe a tad quicker as TouchWiz adds lag. The displays will be similar (HTC has BoomSound though).

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭paulisagayboy

Yeah think I will end up going for the m8, if it's out during the wek then even better!

The fingerprint scanner on the s5 is cool but it's prob a bit gimmicky! Is the m8 much of an improvement on the htc one?? If there is a big price difference, will it be worth it??

• Registered Users Posts: 18 91AP

Actual stores say they don't know when the M8 is out but looking online the 3rd is looking likely.

The M8 is a good step up from the original one (M7). Pitty about the camera though. You're right the fingerprint scanner is a bit gimmicky on the S5. It doesn't work half as well as Apples.

I actually got to play around with the S5. One of the only ones in Ireland at the minute. The camera is absolutely brilliant on it. It doesn't look too bad in person either and feels nice in hand. That's out the 11th.

I'm really torn myself but at the moment I'm still looking at the M8

Advertisement