Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics 2014 Leaving Cert - topical questions

Options
  • 30-03-2014 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Is anyone aware of topical questions that are likely to come up this June in Economics?

Any questions that your teacher recommended preparing or came up in your mocks please post here! It would be of great benefit to all of us :)

For example questions came up in my mocks asking about how the government could combat the growing problem of obesity and the effect of the government introducing free GP care for under 5's.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Just remember most of the papers were set at the end of last summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 oriordan123

spurious wrote: »
    Just remember most of the papers were set at the end of last summer.
    Don't think thats always the case for economics because they often have questions about changes the government make in their most recent budget

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

If the water tax doesn't come up I'll eat my hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Smash The House

Don't think thats always the case for economics because they often have questions about changes the government make in their most recent budget

In last year's Ordinary Level paper there were four quotes from newspaper articles; three from October 2012 and one from June 2012

Back on topic, I'd guess the large rise DIRT and the effects it is supposed to have on consumer spending/saving/economy in general

Advertisement