Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal cycling suggestions please

Options
  • 30-03-2014 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭

Hi lads , could you suggest moderate cyling routes 40 to 60 km around Dowings bay carrigart area donegal please.
    Hill avoidance necessary as better half with me, would a loop from Mulroy bay to kincrum lough and back to Dowings be practical and not too hilly ?

We can also bring bikes by car further afield in the country for good scenically/ Athlantic routes or forest trails
    Cheers in advance.
    Mr and mrs Bigus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭Bigus

I found toporoute.com on an old boards thread it's great and shows that kincrum loop as only a max of 110 meters, we're well able for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Iwernia

Go on to Strava and search & refine until you see something that will suit the both of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,348 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Bigus wrote: »
    Hi lads , could you suggest moderate cyling routes 40 to 60 km around Dowings bay carrigart area donegal please.
    Hill avoidance necessary as better half with me,

:eek:

even the mulroy bay bridge has a 10% gradient !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭GLC

Hill avoidance necessary as better half with me, would a loop from Mulroy bay to kincrum lough and back to Dowings be practical and not too hilly ?

We can also bring bikes by car further afield in the country for good scenically/ Athlantic routes or forest trails
    Cheers in advance.
    Mr and mrs Bigus

What about Carrigart-Creeslough-Kilmacrennan-Milford-Carrigart??

Hilly enough in places from Kindrum to the bridge but a nice route nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭GLC

Cheers in advance.
    Mr and mrs Bigus

What about Carrigart-Creeslough-Kilmacrennan-Milford-Carrigart??

Hilly enough in places from Kindrum to the bridge but a nice route nonetheless.

• Advertisement
Advertisement