Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mid week club league race intensity

Options
  • 30-03-2014 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

My club will be racing in a club league this year so I am going to give it a go

I was wondering what the speed and intensity of these races are like towards A4 and A3 races and do you get many A3/A4 riders turning up mid week for these

I think they are around 35 km in length and I heard someone say they can be pretty full on

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭J Madone

My club will be racing in a club league this year so I am going to give it a go

I was wondering what the speed and intensity of these races are like towards A4 and A3 races and do you get many A3/A4 riders turning up mid week for these

I think they are around 35 km in length and I heard someone say they can be pretty full on

Thanks in advance
    Like a 35km sprint in a lot of cases, no sitting in, everyone pulling their weight because they are club mates

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

In my own league we'd have a mix of A4s right up to A1s, along with people who do just the league or the league and IVCA races.

The racing is fairly intense alright, because they're so short. Having said that, it's the best place to learn. The bunches are smaller, which means it's less intimidating and you get to experience working as a group, and the distance means you're less likely to blow up.

Advertisement