Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Sky Movies for a Month

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Chemistry3

Tried it there...the link on my account is offering half price movies only for 14 which isn't bad but....

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bizz213

free one month, cancelled straight away when u cancel it, not at end of month period and it says you have to give 31 Days notice to cancel.. so basically, it seems like 2 months for the price of one really cause seems no way to take advantage of the one month without getting caught?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Be careful if you are already on a discount. I signed up to a free trial of the movies before when on a discounted package and they bumped my package back up to the normal price.

It took a fee phone calls and a threat of cancelling Sky altogether to get it sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I just saw the ad on tv.

Its for new customers or for those signing up to movies.
    As adox said, i you're on a discount you'll loose it. To quote the immortals..."There can be only One" :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Just a warning on the offer. I was offered the free month but told the sales guy I didn't want to bother as I believed I would have to ring back same day to cancel it in order to avoid paying a charge the following month and didn't want to get caught out. (wasn't that bothered in the first place)

He said I wouldn't have to call back as the offer wouldn't renew, it would just expire. That sounded contrary to the normal Sky procedure, so i checked this with him again, twice before agreeing to the free month.

A week later I got a letter outlining the changes to my sky package and was being charged full amount for movies. I called, cancelled and complained! Sorted.

Advertisement