Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So who pays for debs tickets?

Options
  • 30-03-2014 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

So who pays for them? the person that asked?the guy always? Or you pay for yours, your date pays for theirs?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,834 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

So someone asks you to their debs and then they expect you to pay just because you're a guy?

Asker pays.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Rochester

If you invite someone to your Debs, you pay for both tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭The_Pretender

My date paid for her own ticket, but that was because it was our debs and we were going as friends.

I think it really depends on the situation to be honest. If you're just asking a friend from another school to come along, then you can hardly expect them to pay up to €100 before even getting there just to keep you company. I wouldn't say guys should always pay for both, far from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

My date paid for her own ticket, but that was because it was our debs and we were going as friends.

I think it really depends on the situation to be honest. If you're just asking a friend from another school to come along, then you can hardly expect them to pay up to €100 before even getting there just to keep you company. I wouldn't say guys should always pay for both, far from it.

I agree. We were actually discussing this in school the other day. Here, anyway, the whole "guy pays for both tickets", thing is really dying out except for those in a relationship and stuff. I live in a small town so the local schools all join up and have one debs together, meaning most girls in my school will pair up with lads in the boys school. All the girls have paid for their own tickets.
    I'm actually repeating myself so I probably wont be at the debs this year, but if I was asked I'd pay for my own ticket. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

peekachoo wrote: »
    I agree. We were actually discussing this in school the other day. Here, anyway, the whole "guy pays for both tickets", thing is really dying out except for those in a relationship and stuff. I live in a small town so the local schools all join up and have one debs together, meaning most girls in my school will pair up with lads in the boys school. All the girls have paid for their own tickets.
    I'm actually repeating myself so I probably wont be at the debs this year, but if I was asked I'd pay for my own ticket. :o

No drunk peek 2.0 ? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    No drunk peek 2.0 ? :eek:

I'll make up for it another night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Roughosing

the Asker pays

which can usually result in you getting to go to two debs if the other person is in 6th year too. My girlfriend is in 6th year in a different school to me and i am paying for her ticket to come to my debs and she pays for me to hers... although the lucky bitch is on her schools debs committee so she gets her ticket free and mine half price, and here's me paying for two full price tickets. Life.

Albeit if you go to the same school you both pay for your own usually, no asker, askee bull****!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Roughosing wrote: »
    the lucky bitch is on her schools debs committee so she gets her ticket free and mine half price, and here's me paying for two full price tickets. Life.

Maybe not life, but lovely to see the fiddling starts early in Irish life. Can't see any reason myself why committte members should get free or half-price tickets. It's not like anyone forced them to be on it. It's also putting up the price for everyone else.

Advertisement