Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1020 won't turn on

Options
  • 30-03-2014 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭

All

Can anyone help with a problem.

Lumia 1020 had a blank screen last night so put it on charge going to bed. Still have a blank screen.

I have plugged its in again this morning to check I did everything right and there is no life in it at all. Charger is working fine, my wife had her 1020 on charge prior to mine.

Any tips.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Try the standard Nokia reset: hold the volume down and power keys together for about 10 seconds to trigger a reboot. Its the equivalent of pulling the battery. 60% of the time it works all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

Thank for that. Worked a charm. Is this a common thing.

Have a nokia repair centre nearby sow might be paying them a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

It seems to happen every week or so with recently released devices, but Nokia roll out over the air updates (some are small apps and others are big firmware updates) that eventually fix the instabilities. My lumia 920 needed a reset every week at one point but now is rock solid, for at least 6 months now. Replacing your device is unlikely to make much of a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Last reset my 1020 about 4 months ago.

Advertisement