Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hesston baler

Options
  • 30-03-2014 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

wel lads im about gto start baling with a mf 230 or a hesston in the summer in england and was wondering if anyone could send me to a operators manual or explain how to use one and what to do if the tine breaks ? thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

wel lads im about gto start baling with a mf 230 or a hesston in the summer in england and was wondering if anyone could send me to a operators manual or explain how to use one and what to do if the tine breaks ? thanks
    Paddy, not too mant this side of the pond, maybe look on british farmer forum or farmers weekly site?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭GRASSorMUCK

As run a big square with a straw crew like skeggs? or the likes..?
    Pretty much all i know is need big horses to boss the flywheel or will be beaten around all summer by the plunger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

Are you sure your being put on a baler? Most lads i know that go over there and drive balers either have driven them before or have a heap of round baling done before hand, not trying to be smart with you or anything just anyone I've seen thats gone over starts at lower stuff like carting bales or running bale chaser etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5 paddyvaltra

Zr105 wrote: »
    Are you sure your being put on a baler? Most lads i know that go over there and drive balers either have driven them before or have a heap of round baling done before hand, not trying to be smart with you or anything just anyone I've seen thats gone over starts at lower stuff like carting bales or running bale chaser etc
    Nope baling is what ill be doing and to be honest i havent a clue :p but the money is better than good and ive experience with round balers but they were all run off control boxes and the net hardly ever breaks so i need to know what to do if a tine breaks ive heard theyre complicated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

Nope baling is what ill be doing and to be honest i havent a clue :p but the money is better than good and ive experience with round balers but they were all run off control boxes and the net hardly ever breaks so i need to know what to do if a tine breaks ive heard theyre complicated

Yeah complicated ain't the word! And you'll still have a control box, a much bigger much more complicated one at that.
    Never drove one but was shown some of the main things that have to be watched constantly one day, including a couple of pressure gauges to ensure the density is right, a few yokes to make sure the timing is staying correct, then whenever a bale is made you get blown out of te cab by a buzzer and you have to watch the 6lolipops on the top of the baler, they all go down and should all come back up straight away as the bale is tied... If one doesn't it generally means something big and expensive is about to break as either the bill hook that grabs the twine to tie is jammed, or one of the twine fingers that goes up through the bale is still stuck in the bale and the packer is about to go back and snap it...

Thats all of course ontop of watching where your going and watching the straw feed in.

Oh and you had better make sure your knots are good, cant remember if its called loop or reef knot, i can do it just cant remember the names, to tie the balls of twine together as if it goes you'll make a bags of the bales.....

I'm sure you'll be given a week or 2 training tho!

Good luck with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 paddyvaltra

Zr105 wrote: »
    Yeah complicated ain't the word! And you'll still have a control box, a much bigger much more complicated one at that.
    Never drove one but was shown some of the main things that have to be watched constantly one day, including a couple of pressure gauges to ensure the density is right, a few yokes to make sure the timing is staying correct, then whenever a bale is made you get blown out of te cab by a buzzer and you have to watch the 6lolipops on the top of the baler, they all go down and should all come back up straight away as the bale is tied... If one doesn't it generally means something big and expensive is about to break as either the bill hook that grabs the twine to tie is jammed, or one of the twine fingers that goes up through the bale is still stuck in the bale and the packer is about to go back and snap it...

Thats all of course ontop of watching where your going and watching the straw feed in.

Oh and you had better make sure your knots are good, cant remember if its called loop or reef knot, i can do it just cant remember the names, to tie the balls of twine together as if it goes you'll make a bags of the bales.....

I'm sure you'll be given a week or 2 training tho!

Good luck with it!
    thanks a million couldnt be better info :D

Advertisement