Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

right of ways

Options
  • 29-03-2014 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone here started the process of officially registering a right of way on the related title deeds?

Perhaps you are an owner of land where someone is trying to do so.

Was the process straight forward or met with opposition?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,149 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Right of way = nightmare. Get a good solicitor on the job. The Lissadell case has redefined many peoples "opinions" of rights of way.
    If you already have a right of way do you have to re-register it? Just wondering as we have a right of way into a turf bank and it is marked on the maps.
    Apologies Muckit for hijacking your thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

A lot of right of way walk ways wouldn't be officially registered on title deeds. Any of these have to be registered before 2021 or the right of way is lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,149 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Thanks for that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭GrandSoftDay

Have two to landlocked places. Only way to access them because they are not going next or near a road. My understanding of it was that these wouldn't be affected by the new laws. Don't really want to stir the pot, one lad is a tricky customer on a good day though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

Muckit wrote: »
    Has anyone here started the process of officially registering a right of way on the related title deeds?

Perhaps you are an owner of land where someoney is trying to do so.

Was the process straight forward or met with opposition?
    Yes I have done mine, got solicitor and it wasn't to difficult, chat to your neighbours first and it's straightforward
    Base price wrote: »
    Right of way = nightmare. Get a good solicitor on the job. The Lissadell case has redefined many peoples "opinions" of rights of way.
    That was totally the council fault and they got what they deserved, small minded councillors a trying to bully people
    If you already have a right of way do you have to re-register it? Just wondering as we have a right of way into a turf bank and it is marked on the maps.
    Apologies Muckit for hijacking your thread.

Make sure it is registered
    Muckit wrote: »
    A lot of right of way walk ways wouldn't be officially registered on title deeds. Any of these have to be registered before 2021 or the right of way is lost.
    Don't think you lose the right of way, it's to do with SFP, if you don't bound the public road then you need a registered right of way to claim payment
    Have two to landlocked places. Only way to access them because they are not going next or near a road. My understanding of it was that these wouldn't be affected by the new laws. Don't really want to stir the pot, one lad is a tricky customer on a good day though.

See above I think you need to get them registered, once you are using it he can't stop you or refuse to let you register but he can make life difficult

• Advertisement
Advertisement