Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Innoken VTR Thread's stripped.

Options
  • 29-03-2014 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭

Any VTR owners out there come across this issue. I bought a VTR last December, and have been using it up until about 3 weeks ago when the threads stripped on the connector. I have been using iClear30's exclusively with the VTR, because they fit the best, and compliment the look.

Anyway, I finally got around today to returning the VTR to the B&M store where I bought it, and they kindly replaced it with a new one.

Screwed on a brand new iClear30, and vaping bliss was resumed. UNTIL, I took off the clearo to refill it, and when I went to screw it back on, Same Problem. Would not tighten.

I am always careful not to over-tighten clearos onto devices, as 510 connections can be a little fragile, but considering I have been using all my other mods without incident for years now, I was wondering if this is a known problem with the VTR.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Not at all convinced about Innoken, good design, but.......

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭StompToWork

I hear that, dePeatrick. I have an MVP as well, and there would appear to be a very slight issue where the contact in the connector is slightly low, which means that clearo's like the Aspire need to have the contact on the clearo pulled down to make the connection. Other than that, the MVP is a mighty yoke. Same with the VTR. I love the thing, except for this thread issue.

Innoken just seem to falter on some quality issues. They are built solidly, but the things that matter seem to let them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Aye....it' sa pity....they are very innovative....but.....hard to beat the straight mechs....I am in love with them now....no fuss, just straight delivery...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Any VTR owners out there come across this issue. I bought a VTR last December, and have been using it up until about 3 weeks ago when the threads stripped on the connector. I have been using iClear30's exclusively with the VTR, because they fit the best, and compliment the look.

Anyway, I finally got around today to returning the VTR to the B&M store where I bought it, and they kindly replaced it with a new one.

Screwed on a brand new iClear30, and vaping bliss was resumed. UNTIL, I took off the clearo to refill it, and when I went to screw it back on, Same Problem. Would not tighten.

I am always careful not to over-tighten clearos onto devices, as 510 connections can be a little fragile, but considering I have been using all my other mods without incident for years now, I was wondering if this is a known problem with the VTR.

Yes, exact same thing happened to me. I got a 510 to 510 connector and I use that to connect iclears/protanks, works fine. Looks a bit ridiculous with the adapter on top along with a fogger or kayfun lite though which is why I don't use the VTR much anymore... Pity, I still think it's a great device.

I tried taking it apart but couldn't see any way to get to the wheel part where your atomiser connects. I might try to cut off the protecting ring part so I can use 20+mm atomisers without the stupid looking adapter.

Advertisement