Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

old horizon panel

Options
  • 29-03-2014 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭

Was doing some diy at home to-day and turned off my power at the tripswitch/mains box, when i switched the power back on the alarm bell went off. Its a second hand house,so i have no idea of the operator code to open the panel (battery back-up),just trying to find out why it would have gone off? thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭kub

horse7 wrote: »
    Was doing some diy at home to-day and turned off my power at the tripswitch/mains box, when i switched the power back on the alarm bell went off. Its a second hand house,so i have no idea of the operator code to open the panel (battery back-up),just trying to find out why it would have gone off? thanks.

The battery in your panel is knackered. You could try the factory default operator code which is 01122.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭horse7

Thanks,i just could not understand why it did not go off when i turned off the power. I thought that if there was a battery back up and the battery was knackered ,that the alarm would go off as soon as the mains was off.

Thanks,i just could not understand why it did not go off when i turned off the power. I thought that if there was a battery back up and the battery was knackered ,that the alarm would go off as soon as the mains was off.

Was it going off internally or externally?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭horse7

Well, when i moved in ,the weather in dublin was extreamely windy,it set off the alarm,so i disconnected the internal bell. So it was just the external bell that went off when i switiched the mains on.

Well, when i moved in ,the weather in dublin was extreamely windy,it set off the alarm,so i disconnected the internal bell. So it was just the external bell that went off when i switiched the mains on.

Battery in panel is knackered so. The module in the bell box was not getting enough 'hold off power' from the panel, hence it activated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

I have a friend that still uses the itec horizon panel to this day, and will never change it, he updated all the shocks/contacts over the years and still uses the old external bell which has a powerful unique siren, all external sounders today like the HKC sabb all sound the same :rolleyes:

mark17j wrote: »
    I have a friend that still uses the itec horizon panel to this day, and will never change it, he updated all the shocks/contacts over the years and still uses the old external bell which has a powerful unique siren, all external sounders today like the HKC sabb all sound the same :rolleyes:

If it ain't broke don't try and fix it. Nice to see a oldie still working away.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

it just not up to insurance company standard so if you get burgled and they query it you will not be in a good place it has to be EN 50131 not IS199 anymore

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I would advise in many cases not to claim a discount for EN50131, It gives the insurance company's huge outs & bargaining power against you if your system has not been serviced on time. Its not worth the small discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

yes I agree its a con job but all to many people go into it with the eyes wide Shut and think its the right thing to do but they do use it a s a stick to beat you with if you get burgled

• Advertisement
Advertisement