Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Defines Continental Bullocks ?

Options
  • 29-03-2014 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

often wondered what bullocks people were refering to when they mention continental type?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,169 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Any bullock by the European beef breeds and not UK or Irish breeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

not Friesian or Angus ,jersey or hereford

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭mf240

The first three breeds I think of when someone says continental are simmental charlaois and limousine, I would include blondes and blues and various other breeds aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

Any beef breed with origins in continental Europe. You can often tell by the name as they are often named after the region they originated in.
    Most of the main beef breeds in this country this country are continentals. The exceptions being Aberdeen Angus, Hereford and Shorthorn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

I would also say people mean bullocks which are clearly look like they're off a continental sire. I'm not sure that a black limo for example would be what people would be talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

One that go topless with hairy armpits!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

ok, thanks. so 98% of what im looking at every saturday.

thought as much.

cheers

Advertisement