Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are birth and death certs linked?

Options
  • 29-03-2014 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I have name, address (not current), DOB and possibly name of next of kin. I know the person is deceased but no idea what year or even what decade.

Is there any way to find death cert by cross reference to the above details?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Unfortunately not. All the indexes have is known or guessed age and name and even the full certs, while more detailed, don't reference any other certs.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

The current ones do have a person's PPS number and their DOB but I'm not sure if it's actually cross-referenced or just provided by the informant.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 9 PollyHog

Thanks for the prompt replies. I suspected as much... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

If only!...

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭dido2

Unfortunately not!!

But depending on when you think the person was born and died, it might be possible to narrow down the available records online if it was before 1958..

• Advertisement
Advertisement