Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

galaxy fame back in carphonewarehouse for 35 online or instore

Options
  • 29-03-2014 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭

As the title says. Just got one for my daughter on patricks street in cork
    Stock online also. Can get it on vodafone or o2 online. Get a further fiver off if porting a number to vodafone.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

This seems like a great price for a nice starter phone.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

you can get it for €30 in store if you transfer your number over, unlock can be bought online from ebay for €8.50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Does anyone know how to record calls on it? I tried few apps and they all save short high-pitch sound instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is it possible to get a more powerful battery for it?? the one that comes with it is a bit weak

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

it sounds to good to be true...but a 5 mega camera is class.

Battery wise most of them do not last be it a i phone or a android

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭wildrover444

got this phone in carphone warehouse for 35 euro couple of weeks ago,ok phone but a bit laggy ,had to root the phone and uninstall and disable alot of apps to get it to speed up a bit, tried a guy on ebay and another website for unlock code but they both got back to me and said they couldnt get unlock code for the phone,when i rooted the phone i didnt no it unlocked it as well so now can use my 48months sim fine.

sugarman wrote: »
    I thought a phone has to be unlocked in the first place to be rooted? I know it used to be the case anyway.

Are you sure it was definately locked when you got it?

yes i thought that also.but the phoneoffer was for vodafone so assume it was locked to Vodafone but maybe it was wasnt,i never checked to be honest with u as i assumed it was locked,

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭theintern

yes i thought that also.but the phoneoffer was for vodafone so assume it was locked to Vodafone but maybe it was wasnt,i never checked to be honest with u as i assumed it was locked,

The bootloader has to be unlocked, that's not the same as being sim unlocked to a network. A phone can be rooted and still locked to a particular network.

theintern wrote: »
    The bootloader has to be unlocked, that's not the same as being sim unlocked to a network. A phone can be rooted and still locked to a particular network.

Fair enough. Must have been unlocked when I got it.

theintern wrote: »

Fair enough. Must have been unlocked when I got it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Price says €100 online for me. Is the offer over?

Tinie wrote: »
    Price says €100 online for me. Is the offer over?

You need to click on the Vodafone logo but looks like or out of stock with vodafone or offer is expired as there's no even a price there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Just spoke to my local CPW, they said the offer expired yesterday.

Edit: Called into the store after work, seems it's still available in store while stocks last.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

it sounds to good to be true...but a 5 mega camera is class.

Battery wise most of them do not last be it a i phone or a android

the camera is so so, the pics i've taken are nowhere near as good as a standard dig camera

and the battery is as weak as p!ss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

Anyone who ordered online received theirs yet? It doesn't look like my card was charged. No word since the confirmation email.

Simi wrote: »
    Anyone who ordered online received theirs yet? It doesn't look like my card was charged. No word since the confirmation email.

A friend ordered last Friday but he was told yesterday or Wednesday (not sure if text or call) that was out of stock but waiting for more to come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

nava wrote: »
    A friend ordered last Friday but he was told yesterday or Wednesday (not sure if text or call) that was out of stock but waiting for more to come in.
    Mine was delivered this evening. I received a dispatch email at around 4 and nightline dropped it off this evening. Still don't think my card has been charged. Very strange altogether.

Nice little phone, nippier than I was expecting for a touchwiz skinned phone with 512mb ram. I expect it will slow down significantly once a few apps are installed. Speaker is impressively loud. It's for my grand dad so it doesn't need to be a powerhouse, should suit his needs just fine. Would make a great first phone for a kid.

Advertisement