Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top 5 Survivalist Books or Manuals

Options
  • 29-03-2014 8:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for people's opinions on the Top 5 must read/own survivalist books or manuals.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Yeah the sas survival guide is great. I keep mine in a zip lock bag in my main bag

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

+1 for SAS guide.

Must dig my copy out and start browsing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

Another +1 for the SAS guide. I'm reading Ray Mears Essesntial Bushcraft right now, which I'm liking.

Another book that has been mentioned on other forum's and is highly regarded is Bushcraft: The Ultimate Guide to Survival in the Wilderness by Richard Graves. That'll be my next purchase...

Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

not strictly survivalism but for those who want long term sustainability Klaus Laitenberger's books on garden and green house growing are brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

John Seymour's Guide to Self Sufficiency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭BreadnBuddha

Field Guide to Wilderness Medicine, 3rd edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭thehippychippy

Food for free. Can't remember the author right now but it's published by Collins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Food for free. Can't remember the author right now but it's published by Collins.

Authored by Richard Mabey, nicely broken up into what's available during each of the four seasons.

Not so much survivalist, but self sufficiency, but also useful to know how to survive if you grow/raise your own food are: :)

Root Cellaring by Mike and Nancy Bubel
    A Guide To canning, freezing, curing and smoking meat, fish & game by Wilbur F. Eastman Jr.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Hondo75

And support the Irish authors..

https://www.obrien.ie/nature/wild-food

• Advertisement
Advertisement