Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women padeophiles (Men are bad,Women are mad)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

It really doesn't paint a very confident picture in the justice system giving a conscious two-sh*ts for the protection & well-being of children who are abused by women. What I found particularly disconcerting was that a) those people working inside the justice system have difficulty accepting that women are just as capable of being organised, meticulous, predatory abusers as men and that b) there is clearly more than enough women abusers out there that they have "support groups" like oft reported male paedophile rings sharing information, etc. about how to go about gaining access to children without arousing suspicion, getting caught, etc. Such information or organisation can only be gained through combined years of experience; it wouldn't just appear overnight so this has literally been ignored by society & legality for god knows how long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Waking-Dreams

I also thought it was very interesting about how the societal perception of the “male-only” abuser can really impact upon victims when it happens to be a woman who abuses them i.e. their perspective is along the lines of “you never hear anything said about women abusers and it’s not spoken about in society, so is it something about me that can explain why this woman is abusing me like this?”

And, where they draw the similarities between that and the clerical abuse which went on, which also wasn’t publicly discussed several decades ago (even though it happened and many people knew about it), which left a lot of victims unsure as to how to talk about what had happened (or was happening) to them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Wow. I just got to listen to it now. A really interesting piece.

Advertisement