Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long to spend on first date

Options
  • 29-03-2014 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Meeting a girl tomorrow nite for first date,It has been a while.How long should i spend with her on first date?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Don't think that there is a right or wrong answer for that, OP. I imagine that the date is over when you both decide it is. Nobody knows better then you so just try to enjoy it and go with the flow as it were. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Mod

Hi OP,
    I'm going to move your thread to the Relationship Issues forum, it's a better placs for your query.
    Sauve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Depends entirely on how well it goes. I've had dates ranging from half an hour to 9 hours. Just see how it's going :) and good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

You really can't preplan something like that, definitely a case of going with the flow and the date should end fairly organically when it feels right. I've had first dates that have lasted forty five minutes (he scratched his ball sac for the duration and told me he liked going to Thai massage parlours) and another that started on a Friday evening and finished when it was time for work on Monday! Have fun and play it by ear, good luck! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭To Need a Woman

Most people are more worried about where to go on a date as opposed to how long it's going to be!

I'd say stay as long as it takes for you to find the right moment to hold her hand while leaning in to say, 'it's really to nice to be here with you tonight.. I'm having such a wonderful time'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I'd say stay as long as it takes for you to find the right moment to hold her hand while leaning in to say, 'it's really to nice to be here with you tonight.. I'm having such a wonderful time'

A lot of women would be running for the hills if a date did that on a first date. I wouldn't recommend it OP.

There is no set length of time for a first date. You judge it on how the date is going. Good luck with the date :-)

Advertisement