Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Show similar to Cracker?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

hmm, I think the one unique thing about Cracker was Robbie Coltrane's character's humour.. I loved the rows he used to have with his missus... I dont konw any other police/detective program that incorporates humour as well.

But I would say that Wire In The Blood is similar in other ways.. It's British as well.Wire In The Blood Robson Green acts as an eccentric but brilliant psycho-analyst profiles type..

The Wire
    The Wire (US) is always good as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 zola80

hmm, I think the one unique thing about Cracker was Robbie Coltrane's character's humour.. I loved the rows he used to have with his missus... I dont konw any other police/detective program that incorporates humour as well.

But I would say that Wire In The Blood is similar in other ways.. It's British as well.Wire In The Blood Robson Green acts as an eccentric but brilliant psycho-analyst profiles type..

The Wire
    The Wire (US) is always good as well.

Hey CountryHurler!

Thanks for your reply - I'm going to check Wire In The Blood.

Watched The Wire though - one of the top 5 shows IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Prime Suspect (Helen Mirren...not the godawful US rubbish) would fit the bill too. Very smart woman wades through sea of vodka to catch the bad guy and avoid the Male Chauvinist meanies on the way. Bit like pacman but with Helen Mirren in. Did I mention Helen Mirren. Hmmm......Helen Mirren.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

I can do even better than that Zola.. !

go to youtube and search for "Wire In The Blood".. there are a number of full episodes up there that somebody has generously :pac: taken the time to upload...

<Mod Snip>

Prime Suspect (Helen Mirren...not the godawful US rubbish) would fit the bill too. Very smart woman wades through sea of vodka to catch the bad guy and avoid the Male Chauvinist meanies on the way. Bit like pacman but with Helen Mirren in. Did I mention Helen Mirren. Hmmm......Helen Mirren.

Hey FloatingVoter!

Thanks for your recommendation. Always looking for some non-usual characters :) And Helen Mirren will do, of course...

I can do even better than that Zola.. !

go to youtube and search for "Wire In The Blood".. there are a number of full episodes up there that somebody has generously :pac: taken the time to upload...

<Mod snip>

Yes, YT and "those other sites" :rolleyes: Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Fitz?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

Line of Duty and Broadchurch were excellent, the fall was also really good - would certainly recommend those

Thanks people, keep them coming.

Started with Wire In The Blood - very promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Fitz?

That's just cruel.

The less said about Fitz the better.

Fitz?

evilivor wrote: »
    That's just cruel.

The less said about Fitz the better.

I don't follow... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

evilivor wrote: »

Ah... I see. Why, oh why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Check out Luther too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Check out Luther too.

Thanks people!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Lie to Me is not even remotely like Cracker. For one thing, it's shíte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

George Gently might be worth a try.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00clbwj

• Registered Users Posts: 85,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rebus with Ken Stott

Thank you all, people! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Rebus with Ken Stott

Definitely worth a watch for any Cracker fan. The books by Ian Rankin are even better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement