Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada House St Stephens Green

Options
  • 29-03-2014 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Great to see this monstrosity knocked down. Pity it was ever built. Let's hope it's replacement is a credit to its architect.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭JTMan

The replacement building does not look much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭terryhobdell

Fungus wrote: »

Fungus I think you are right is the photo of the new building or the old? They look the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I am very confused. That looks like the building they are knocking to me. Same poky windows?

They are working on it non stop anyway, I was in the NCH on Wed and there were still men on the building at 10.30pm. I would love to see more of these ugly buildings being knocked down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

This is the existing building. There's not much in it really (they are nearly as bad as each other).

Canada_House.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Fungus wrote: »

That looks like it was designed in the fifties. Horrible.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

dan1895 wrote: »
    That looks like it was designed in the fifties. Horrible.

To my mind nowhere near as poxy as that art gallery at the top of nassau St.

How they got permission to shoehorn that into a georgian street is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Considering that the building will be charging the highest commercial rents in the city, I'm not surprised the skimped on design. I wish the building had more 'verticality' to it, either through additional storeys or by breaking up the mass, because the proposed design looks very boxy. There's eight bays on the front - if a design technique had been used to make it appear like 4+4 then the building would fit in better imo.

Advertisement