Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Distance selling and returns - can i just send bike back

Options
  • 28-03-2014 11:12pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi,
    I got a bike from uk online retailer in Feb. The first bike that was sent out had a chip in the paint work (it has a carbon frame) so asked to send it back. Told that structurally the bike was fine but was given the option for credit or new bike. Got the bike last thursday. Cycled the bike into work and was at lights and the crank arm was feeling loose. I did not apply any pressure on the pedal and the crank arm fell off after about 25 yards. I only got to inspect the crank this evening (not crank arm) and there is a hole in the crank.

Anyhow, yesterday when email the response was to send back the crank arm and they would inspect and see if under warranty. Also, that before each cycle the bike should be inspected (check that nuts and bolts all nice and tight) but the bike is only to be used for commuting. The last comment worried me that if they decide not to fix the bike. Just seeking advice if the bike should be sent back under distance selling and save the hassle.

Any advice / similar experience?

The bike was great BTW.

Advertisement