Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stats for thesis

• 28-03-2014 10:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭

Not sure if anyone can help me here but Im doing a thesis on iNOS - inducible nitric oxide synthase induction in the CNS in an animal model of inflammatory bowel disease.

Ive completed all the tissue prep, stained with antibodies, imaged it and counted it all. Ive been looking at inos expression and inos plus iba-1 expression - the activated microglial marker.

The problem i have is trying to run stats on inos in the cns - ie should i get a total of inos and then the % overlap with iba-1 and run stats on it or is there anyother way to show that there is significant inos-iba-1 overlap ?

The hypothesis is that microglia are the majority responsible for inos expression following the animal exposure to the IBD model. We looked at inos in the cns in control, acute and recovery stages, where acute and recovery got either 2 days recovery from the dss model or 5 days recovery.

Any help at all would be appreciated !:eek:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,351 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

MOD: We will allow this enquiry into methods used to do this research. So if someone can help, please do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

I know I'm a bit late replying but here is my two cents anyway.
    Why not try a student T-test, this compares the mean of one population vs another being that your H0: the means are equal and H1: the mean of the villi is higher than the other
    I usually use graphpad for graphing and analysing all my results.
    Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭supraspinaswim

Managed to figure out graphpad and the problem on the bus. ANOVA-one way and newman keuls, seems gp likes to make it awkward for the stats software rookies

Thanks anyway !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Not sure if anyone can help me here but Im doing a thesis on iNOS - inducible nitric oxide synthase induction in the CNS in an animal model of inflammatory bowel disease.

Ive completed all the tissue prep, stained with antibodies, imaged it and counted it all. Ive been looking at inos expression and inos plus iba-1 expression - the activated microglial marker.
    Can you give a bit more detail here? What exactly have you imaged and counted?

Advertisement