Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A request for adoption workers.

Options
  • 28-03-2014 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi everyone, My name is Danny and I am a mature student in the final year of a Social Science degree in NUI Maynooth. As an adopted person I have always had a keen interest in adoption since I returned to education.
    The focus of my study is the move towards openness in domestic adoption practice, from the more traditional form in which there was little or no contact. Initially I wanted to investigate why the traditional form of adoption, which formed my own family, is no longer common practice.
    After studying the history of adoption in Ireland, as well as much of the research regarding the move towards more openness, I became particularly interested in how this change would impact the role of the people who worked in adoption practice.
    I was wondering if there are anybody on here who is or has worked for an adoption agency who would be willing to be interviewed as part of my research? I wish to gain an understanding of how the move towards openness was realised and received by those at the forefront of adoption practice.
    Anyway thanks for reading this,
    Danny

Advertisement