Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish rail 9.99 tickets

Options
  • 28-03-2014 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭

Irish rail are doing promotion for tickets that for some location go as low as 9.99:
    http://www.irishrail.ie/fares-and-tickets/online-fares-from-999

For example Ennis, which can be reached from Dublin by two different routes - let's see at costs of tickets on 5th April Ennis to Dublin via Athenry at 9:58 from Ennis and then 11:25 from Athenry (train from Galway).
    It costs:
    Ennis -> Dublin 9.99
    Galway -> Dublin 19.99
    Galway -> Athenry 6.99
    So if you buy two tickets you can save 3.02
    Athlone -> Dublin 19.99
    We are still talking same train on same hours and same day.

What is you want just go from Ennis to Limerick? It seems that you can't buy tickets online and you have to shell out 10.10 for single ticket so you still save 0.11 by getting ticket to Dublin.

I'm pretty sure other combinations for savings are possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

Been available for a while now, I got a return from Limerick City to Dublin Heuston for 20 quid back in Feb.

Pretty dang good value!

I didn't end up going and still got an 80% refund of the ticket price. Happy days.

Advertisement