Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about English composition

Options
  • 28-03-2014 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

For my essay in the mocks there was P(30) C(30) L(30) and M(10) written on the paper. Is that good or bad? :p also I got both papers back and while total marks were written on both I don't know how to work out the percentage! So can anyone tell me how? :p thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    For my essay in the mocks there was P(30) C(30) L(30) and M(10) written on the paper. Is that good or bad? :p also I got both papers back and while total marks were written on both I don't know how to work out the percentage! So can anyone tell me how? :p thanks!

Okay... the PCLM is the marking scheme. Did you get 100/100 in the essay? It should say on the front cover of your answer booklet. The essay is worth 100 marks, therefore that is very good.

There are 400 marks for English. 200 for each paper.
    Add the marks on each paper and divide by 400. Then multiply by 100 and that is your percentage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Delete

I got 223 on paper 1 and 108 on paper 2! I'm terrible at maths ( :p ) and it's working at a high grade which can't be right because I ruined my chances of a good paper 1 with picking a terrible question B (kicking myself for it) and I barely looked at my texts for paper 2 so could have put more in. And no it didn't say 100/100, it just said the PCLM is -
    I'm not familiar with marking scheme so I don't know if that means I got a high score for the essay or not :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

I got 223 on paper 1 and 108 on paper 2! I'm terrible at maths ( :p ) and it's working at a high grade which can't be right because I ruined my chances of a good paper 1 with picking a terrible question B (kicking myself for it) and I barely looked at my texts for paper 2 so could have put more in. And no it didn't say 100/100, it just said the PCLM is -
    I'm not familiar with marking scheme so I don't know if that means I got a high score for the essay or not :L

am okay not sure if you are serious, but you couldn't possibly have got 223 on paper 1? The maximum is 200?? Perhaps its 223 including both papers? If so thats 56% does that sound right?

oncex wrote: »
    am okay not sure if you are serious, but you couldn't possibly have got 223 on paper 1? The maximum is 200?? Perhaps its 223 including both papers? If so thats 56% does that sound right?

Oh yes that does make more sense! Thank you :)

• Advertisement

Oh yes that does make more sense! Thank you! :) i got confused cos it said that for total marks for paper 1 but I guess they must have meant both! :p

Advertisement