Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XGC Casuals Sat 29/03/2014

Options
  • 28-03-2014 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

Get some training in before the 5th.

Also, I'll be hungover, so I might glare super hardcore this time, if P4A makes an appearance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

I'll be in for 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Anyone want to play AE?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭SuperChar

im up fro AE dreddy

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bori794

hi I'm bori794, from japan, mainly play melee. Last week, GG was played in XGC. then anyone plays GG today? I played it in Japan and I want to play even in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Two of us who were there last week will be there today. Its something we're interested in playing. We're in on most Wednesdays and Saturdays, with a thread here to say if we're going.

• Advertisement

good. then, I'll be there around 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Saltylicious

Hey, wasnt able to make today sorry guys, wednesday though for that BB training

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

I could come in for some AE if there's AE to be had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

GGs in GG.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭SuperChar

GGs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

bori794 wrote: »
    hi I'm bori794, from japan, mainly play melee. Last week, GG was played in XGC. then anyone plays GG today? I played it in Japan and I want to play even in Ireland.

Hey Bori!

If you want to play Melee at casuals, we have the equipment to run that too! Let me know if you want to meet for games!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cavity_filla

Hey guys. When do you have casuals. I think I saw sometimes Tuesdays but mostly Wednesdays and Saturdays.
    I have been staying in Straffan :( here for work from the US. I have been wanting to get back on the scene in the past year
    with no success. I mostly played competitively for turbo, MVC2, CVS2, some 3rd strike. I have had my hands in to other games
    like Tekken, GG etc. I really haven't played in years except casually on and off with friends on the PC. But I am down to put in
    some work again.

When the casuals go on are there sticks that can be used, rented or is it a bring your own stick type of deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Hey guys. When do you have casuals. I think I saw sometimes Tuesdays but mostly Wednesdays and Saturdays.
    I have been staying in Straffan :( here for work from the US. I have been wanting to get back on the scene in the past year
    with no success. I mostly played competitively for turbo, MVC2, CVS2, some 3rd strike. I have had my hands in to other games
    like Tekken, GG etc. I really haven't played in years except casually on and off with friends on the PC. But I am down to put in
    some work again.

When the casuals go on are there sticks that can be used, rented or is it a bring your own stick type of deal?

Casuals are on wednesdays and saturdays in the XGC on liffey street in Dublin. People bring their own sticks for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

It's generally Wednesdays and Saturdays, yeah, but that's just out of habit really, you can always post up other days and people will probably be up for it. It's bring your own stick but people will usually be fine with lending you theirs to play with as long as you don't batter the thing. :pac: I'm definitely up for some ST and 3s if those are what you play - the most popular games are SF4, MVC3, and BB, but there are at least a few players for every game at a decent-sized casuals session, and most people will dip into the other games they don't play as much anyway.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

some work again.

Straffan isn't a million miles away from me as it happens (I'm in Celbridge).

I'd be up for some schooling in ST but I'm really an SF4 player.

Sweet. Thanks for the info. Yeah I am game for other games too, I pick up fairly quickly. Definitely will make a swing by to check it out this weekend for sure, maybe during the week if my schedule permits. I'm definitely wanting to get some ST (SF4, HDR/OG Turbo, MVC3) in. I also wouldn't mind giving GG and BB a whirl, never played BB though.

Straffan isn't a million miles away from me as it happens (I'm in Celbridge).

I'd be up for some schooling in ST but I'm really an SF4 player.

Oh yeah. I've leaned more into SF4 but only really played vanilla. Sometimes I play AE with friends on PC using a PS3 ds, but even that has been a while. I haven't played competitively for about 8 years. My roots are from Houston, Texas and played the first Texas Showdowns. Moved to San Diego in SoCal where the scene is strong. I used to be pretty solid, but now I am just some scrub. I really want to change that.

Yeah takes me not too long to get into Dublin. I was staying in Celbridge at the Manor, but now I'm in a little bit more of a comfortable living situation. But totally down for some SF4.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Cool, if your up for a few games online of ST via GGPO or SF4 on PC/Xbox 360 I'm down for it. I'm not much good at ST mind.

Hey Bori!

If you want to play Melee at casuals, we have the equipment to run that too! Let me know if you want to meet for games!

it's a good offer! I always look for the chance to play melee here. If it's good for you, I will be in XGC at next Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

bori794 wrote: »
    it's a good offer! I always look for the chance to play melee here. If it's good for you, I will be in XGC at next Saturday.

Cool! I will be there also. For this event: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057177134

I will play in the Street Fighter 4 tournament, but besides that I would also very much like to play Super Smash Bros Melee casuals!

• Advertisement
Advertisement