Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5in1 WIFI router, 1800mAh battery, 3G compatible £5.00 (+£3.99 P&P, + parcel motel)

Options
  • 28-03-2014 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭

http://www.amazon.co.uk/150Mbps-Mobile-Wireless-Hotspot-1800mAh/dp/B00CRXQ8E0/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1396007145&sr=8-5&keywords=3g+router#productDetails

1. Compatible with HSPA +/HSUPA/HSDPA/CDMA DVDO RO/RA/RB USB Modem
    2. Management, port range forwarding, exposed host (DMZ), DNS proxy, URL, content filtering, save/restore configuration, upgrades via Web PPPOE Relay
    3. Firewall: Stateful packet inspection (SPI), denial-of-service (DOS) protection, Webs Content filter, Keyword Filter
    4. VPN functionality: VPN pass-through for lpsec
    5. Wireless: WPA2-PSK, WPA-PSK, WEP, 802.11b/g/n
    6. TCP/IP, DNS,DHCP (Client and Server), WMM, WPS£¬WDS, DDNS, MTP, PPPOE, UPnP, IGMP, LLTD
    7. LAN/WAN Port: Mini USB
    8. 3G Port: USB 2.0
    9. DC Power Port: Mini USB
    10. Power Switch: ON/C/OFF
    11. Reset button
    12:Built-in 1800mAh Li-polymer battery

Reviews mostly positive.

UK Postage £3.99, probably will ship to IE for the same price

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

Erm so I am a bit thick regarding modems. I just bought one of these. Does it take a SIM card?
    gerryk wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/150Mbps-Mobile-Wireless-Hotspot-1800mAh/dp/B00CRXQ8E0/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1396007145&sr=8-5&keywords=3g+router#productDetails

1. Compatible with HSPA +/HSUPA/HSDPA/CDMA DVDO RO/RA/RB USB Modem
    2. Management, port range forwarding, exposed host (DMZ), DNS proxy, URL, content filtering, save/restore configuration, upgrades via Web PPPOE Relay
    3. Firewall: Stateful packet inspection (SPI), denial-of-service (DOS) protection, Webs Content filter, Keyword Filter
    4. VPN functionality: VPN pass-through for lpsec
    5. Wireless: WPA2-PSK, WPA-PSK, WEP, 802.11b/g/n
    6. TCP/IP, DNS,DHCP (Client and Server), WMM, WPS£¬WDS, DDNS, MTP, PPPOE, UPnP, IGMP, LLTD
    7. LAN/WAN Port: Mini USB
    8. 3G Port: USB 2.0
    9. DC Power Port: Mini USB
    10. Power Switch: ON/C/OFF
    11. Reset button
    12:Built-in 1800mAh Li-polymer battery

Reviews mostly positive.

UK Postage £3.99, probably will ship to IE for the same price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Think you put one of the usb dongles with simcard into it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

Perfect for the parents so!
    Think you put one of the usb dongles with simcard into it

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭skydish79

Can you run an ethernet cable from it to another device?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 scouserT

Thanks, this looks good.

This has better management options than my MiFi Huawei e586 HSPA+. I wonder can you plug an existing MiFi into this (assume you would have to set the existing MiFi to 'dongle mode' somehow).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭long_b

Won't ship to Ireland.
    Worth a punt - thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Jaybor

long_b wrote: »
    Won't ship to Ireland.
    Worth a punt - thanks OP

www.parcelmotel.com

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

long_b wrote: »
    Won't ship to Ireland.
    Worth a punt - thanks OP

use Parcel Motel

www.parcelmotel.com

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

WOW 44.99 USD in Amazon.com

EDIT: You can get it for 15.29 USD in Focalprice about €11, cheaper option as no need to go via Parcel Motel.

Wait will be 3 weeks or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

A good review from Amazon user and explains 3G dongle set up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little gadget 7 Feb 2014
    By flick
    Amazon Verified Purchase
    This really is a great little gadget with several useful functions.

1.Use an Ethernet cable to connect to a broadband router or hotel wired internet connection. The unit will then allow wifi enabled devices to connect to the internet.
    2. Plug in a USB stick or memory card reader and access the data on it wirelessly.
    3. Plug in a USB power cord to charge your phone or tablet.
    4. Use as a wifi repeater/extender by plugging into Powerline adapter.

These worked straight away without any need to access the web interface of the router, but

5. My main reason for buying it was for its ability to connect to a USB 3G dongle and wirelessly transmit an internet connection to my phone and tablet, neither of which are otherwise able to connect to the internet.
    This was not plug and play, but an email to the seller (CoolZone) was quickly responded to with a link to the User Manual. This was in pdf format and therefore much easier to read than the one supplied with the router. The illustrations of the web interface were different but It also conveyed the important information that if you are not on the Chinese mainland you will need to input the apn, user name and password in order to connect to the internet. So, here's what to do:

Push the small white button on the RHS of the unit to the middle position C.Connect the device via the micro usb cable (supplied) to a USB port on your computer or USB power plug in order to charge it up. You can check the charge remaining in the battery by pressing the small white button to the left of the first one. The blue light display will give you a rough idea of how much charge there is left.

When it's charged up (or leave it plugged in to the power supply), push the white button to the R position. A red light will display on top of the unit to indicate that it is broadcasting a wifi signal. Using your tablet, phone or laptop, find the SSID of the unit and connect to it. Mine was 3G_Router_F388 and the password 12345678. Then open a browser window and go to 123.com
    This should open the web interface for the router. There is a button at the top left of the banner which toggles between English and Chinese.
    This is the area in which all interaction with the unit/router takes place, eg accessing data on USB stick, or inputting log-in information for a hotel wired connection.
    (It is also possible to connect directly to the router from a laptop via Ethernet cable.)

Click the 3G button and enter the APN, User Name and Password for the internet provider you are trying to connect to. In my case this was Three, so the APN is 3internet, User Name and Password are left blank. Click on Apply and then Click on OK in the confirmation pop-up. Insert your dongle, wait a few seconds until the top light changes to a slowly flashing blue light and the light on the dongle is steady (green or blue depending on the signal). You can now connect to the internet in the usual way.
    These setting will remain in place and only need to be changed if you change the sim card in the dongle (or use a different dongle and sim card).

I tried it using two different, unlocked, dongles - Huawei E1750 and E180 and Three and O2 networks. I plan to use it when travelling where I can pick up a sim+data pack and now won't need always to take a laptop with me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement