Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Chromecast €40 (No Parcel Motel Needed)

Options
  • 28-03-2014 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭

Saw this on mydealpage.ie today. I know some boardsies have struggled to get their hands on them.

Great piece of kit, had one for a few months and has transformed how I use my TV.

CHROMECAST LINK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Saw this on mydealpage.ie today. I know some boardsies have struggled to get their hands on them.

Great piece of kit, had one for a few months and has transformed how I use my TV.

CHROMECAST LINK

£30 (€36.59) on Amazon with free delivery.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Google-Chromecast-Streaming-Media-Player/dp/B00I4WQ618/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396000397&sr=8-1&keywords=chromecast

• Registered Users Posts: 20,087 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

what ever about price , is it any good ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

VeVeX wrote: »

Thought Amazon free delivery to Ireland stopped a while ago?

Smiggy: Yes, they're great. Watch any media from your Android device on your TV, on iPhone it works with supported Apps like Netflix, You Tube etc.

Plus they dont waste the battery on your device that much at all, as your screen is either off, or free to do other things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Thought Amazon free delivery to Ireland stopped a while ago?

No, still free on lots of things over £25.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭A Law

Probably asked a million time but can I use it to watch sky go on an android device?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Sky Go has an Android app.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭A Law

But can I watch sky go on my tele through the chromecast? The plan is to get free sky sports on my tele by using someone else's account.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

So am I correct in thinking if your TV has a USB port and you plug Chromecast in; it's essentially an Android interface giving you access to Netflix/Sky Go/YouTube etc via the TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

No its via HDMI slot which is better because more TVs will work with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

I'm sure Sky Go won't play through it.

They usually have a block on streaming from 1 device to another.

Prime example being an iOS device to Apple TV.

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Community-Suggestions-Box/Chromecast-Support-for-Sky-Go/td-p/1865282

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mcg1987

For anyone who can get to Currys north of the border these should be £30 in the shop there. I've moved to London a few weeks back and was in Currys just this morning and saw them at the front door and was told they are £30. I think I may give one a go eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

I've had mine for 3 days now (from Amazon with free delivery to Dublin)

Very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mcg1987

also its now available on ebay "Daily Deal" for £28.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

But can I watch sky go on my tele through the chromecast? The plan is to get free sky sports on my tele by using someone else's account.

No Sky don't allow you to play SkyGo from a device to a TV on anything. They get more money making people sign up otherwise everyone would share accounts or have sky in additional rooms without paying the high multi room fee.
    They have a NowTV system that allows you to sign up to sky without a satellite dish but while the now TV box is cheap it's expensive to use it with sky sports.

Dudda wrote: »
    No Sky don't allow you to play SkyGo from a device to a TV on anything. They get more money making people sign up otherwise everyone would share accounts or have sky in additional rooms without paying the high multi room fee.
    They have a NowTV system that allows you to sign up to sky without a satellite dish but while the now TV box is cheap it's expensive to use it with sky sports.

The exception to this is if you have a skygo licence on your laptop, pc etc then it works no problem by connecting the laptop to the tv.

On this topic, anyone know if you are running skygo in Google chrome on the laptop can you cast the tab to the chromecast?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Roku Streaming Stick
    Has a nice remote, lots of apps including 4OD, Now TV, iPlayer etc

interesting to see how they stack up against each other

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Nice list here of the Chromecast apps
    http://www.reddit.com/r/chromecast/wiki/apps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

The exception to this is if you have a skygo licence on your laptop, pc etc then it works no problem by connecting the laptop to the tv.

On this topic, anyone know if you are running skygo in Google chrome on the laptop can you cast the tab to the chromecast?

Technically Xbox is an exction but it's not portable.

Anyway. You can't cast sky from a laptop to chromecast as they use SilverLight(think that's the name) to stream to the browser which like Flash Chromecast doesn't support.

Advertisement