Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New stuff

Options
  • 28-03-2014 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭

Gnome 3.12 released

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭human 19

"OpenMandriva Lx 2014 Beta Is a Breath of Fresh Air with a KDE Soul"

Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/OpenMandriva-Lx-2014-Beta-Is-a-Breath-of-Fresh-Air-with-a-KDE-Soul-433886.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Gnome 3 is finally getting there. Ive been impressed with 3.12,
    ...tho I still dont understand the thinking behind the default overly sized windows bars :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Stuxnet wrote: »
    ...tho I still dont understand the thinking behind the default overly sized windows bars :)

Is that not to make it tablet friendly?

KWheezy 1.5 released

" Kwheezy is a Debian based operating system designed for general purpose desktop computing.

Not so much a distribution based on Debian, but rather "a well configured Debian KDE installer". It is designed to give you more out-of-the-box. To be easier for Linux or Debian newcomers. It is full-featured, with all the applications, plugins, fonts and drivers that you need for daily use, and some more.
    Kwheezy is 100% compatible with Debian 7.4."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Gnome 3 is finally getting there. Ive been impressed with 3.12,
    The window title bars annoyed the heck out of me - it seems pedantic to say but on my 1366x768 display its simply squandered screen space. Back to openbox with its minimal window decoration for me ;)

• Advertisement

More ugly gnome stuff...

Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr Final Beta Available For Download

http://www.webupd8.org/2014/03/ubuntu-1404-trusty-tahr-final-beta.html

1797504_254584124717764_1121153318_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

syklops wrote: »
    Is that not to make it tablet friendly?
    I have 2 2560x1440 monitors, between the default window bars and the shell's top panel, it still eats nearly an inch of the screen, ....I pity anyone rocking Gnome 3 on a tablet.

Its just bad UXD, for tablets or not. I'm sure 99.99% of Gnome 3 users are on the desktop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

I have 2 2560x1440 monitors, between the default window bars and the shell's top panel, it still eats nearly an inch of the screen, ....I pity anyone rocking Gnome 3 on a tablet.

Its just bad UXD, for tablets or not. I'm sure 99.99% of Gnome 3 users are on the desktop
    Are the window title bars a fixed pixel height, or a relative height? I thought on a display such as yours they might 'scale down' with respect to the high resolution and be a bit less noticeable.

There is a video demo of Ubuntu touch on this page:

http://liliputing.com/2014/04/ubuntu-running-meizu-mx3-smartphone-video.htmlhttp://liliputing.com/2014/04/ubuntu-running-meizu-mx3-smartphone-video.html

"Later this year the Meizu MX3 will become one of the first smartphone to ship with Ubuntu Linux. An Android version of the 5.1 inch smartphone is already available, but the Chinese phone maker started showing of an Ubuntu version at Mobile World Congress in February."

• Advertisement
Advertisement