Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish licence

Options
  • 27-03-2014 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

Does any one know if it's possible to up date your Irish licence with your UK address. I know you don't have to change your licence to a UK one upon arrival but does anyone know if this is possible. It looks like I may have to have a licence with my current address on it but I soul really prefer not to have to exchange licences

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Wanders_fan

Sorry I can't help but I came to boards to ask a similar question so I will just add it here.

How easy is it to transfer an Irish licence to a UK licence? Is there any pitfalls?

OP Sorry I couldn't help added this as didn't want to make a new thread and risk one of our threads getting lost.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭kelledy

I changed my Irish licence to a UK one

I needed to fill a form out and send that with my passport £50 my Irish licence and 2 photos to dvla Swansea. It took 3 months i **** u not.
    Passport and all in the post

Only other way i was told was to physically go to swansea

• Registered Users Posts: 33 sullie86

I have done it recently , posted it to the dvla in swansea as a registered letter and stuck in a prepaid registered envelope so my passport could be returned safe, posted on a wednesday afternoon had the new licence and passport back the following saturday , so quick enough from my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Wanders_fan

Cheers sully sounds like the way to go.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

brownacid wrote: »
    Does any one know if it's possible to up date your Irish licence with your UK address. I know you don't have to change your licence to a UK one upon arrival but does anyone know if this is possible. It looks like I may have to have a licence with my current address on it but I soul really prefer not to have to exchange licences

You can exchange the Irish for a UK licence quite easily but I don't think that you can have an Irish licence with a UK adddress. In fact when it comes to renewing your Irish licence you will need to sign a declaration that you are resident in Ireland at an Irish address for 180 days in year (not entirely sure re the number of days but check it out)

• Advertisement
Advertisement