Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Nexus One OEM Parts

Options
  • 27-03-2014 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

I need to fix the power button on an original flex cable in my Google Nexus One. Detailed Instructions on how to do it are here; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY3us4w9GL8 Skip to timestamp 26:40 in the video & watch onwards until about minute 44:00
    I need to find a phone repairer who can do fine-tip soldering (.3mm tip) that is mentioned in the above Youtube video & at a reasonable price. Any recommendations in Dublin? I've been quoted €45 which I thought was steep.

If not, can anyone recommend a seller of original OEM Google Nexus One parts such as the flex cable?

The power button issue is a very common issue on this phone (a quick Google or Youtube search confirms it).

Further info;
    I bought & fitted a replacement flex cable on eBay from a Hong Kong seller at;
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Flex-Cable-Ribbon-Camera-Flex-For-HTC-G5-Droid-Nexus-One-G7-Desire-/251316963436
    But...
    Problems during fitting;
    • Flex cable was longer than the original part
    • Volume button section of the part didn't align properly with the opening for the volume buttons, was flimsy & broke during fitting.

Problems after fitting;
    • No LED
    • No volume button operation (must use an app)
    • In-call speaker doesn't work (loudspeaker does), so can't really take private calls.
    • Intermittent colour flickering.

I have kept the original flex cable & the only thing that was wrong with that (at least before removal) was the power button not working.

Advertisement