Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teen misses €1.2m payout with betting slip gaffe

Options
  • 27-03-2014 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/and-finally/teen-misses-12m-payout-with-betting-slip-gaffe-30128136.html

I don't use football coupons but from what I can understand from this article it must have been a coupon for Team X to Win & Both Teams To Score and he meant to just bet on Team X to win and it has nothing to do with the correct score market. In fact the article contradicts the headline.

Losing all hope with the Independent's standard of journalism.

Probably a better topic for discussion would be which daily newspaper is worth a read for national news?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭The Narrator

From reading about this, I gather that he wouldn't have won £1 million anyway as he wanted to be all the teams to win,
    which would have had much lowers odds than the slip he actually bet, which was both teams to score in 12 matches and a team in each match to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

From reading about this, I gather that he wouldn't have won £1 million anyway as he wanted to be all the teams to win,
    which would have had much lowers odds than the slip he actually bet, which was both teams to score in 12 matches and a team in each match to the win.

I was of the opinion that if you use a coupon the returns are printed on the bottom of the slip. No?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭The Narrator

I was of the opinion that if you use a coupon the returns are printed on the bottom of the slip. No?

He didn't bet on what he wanted to bet on though, so he was most likely quite far away from actually winning the £1 million.
    I'd be fairly sure he has a few of those games in which both teams didn't score, which would have made the reality of winning the cash quite distant.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I think I read somewhere the actual payout would of been 500.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭PuntersAdvice

How would Paddy P have turned this into a marketing opportunity:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement