Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carmageddon: Reincarnation

Options
  • 27-03-2014 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

Alpha is out on steam as of today. Facebook || Youtube || Twitch
    Sucks I can't afford it atm, hopefully price won't go up too much when I can..
    Anyone else getting this because of awesome childhood? :D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i backed this on kickstarter sometime in the late 80's, i wonder if I have access. probably do. might try it out

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Ah..... I LOVED Carmageddon 2. It was one of my first baby steps in PC gaming! :P

It looks fantastic. I hope they will have Cabin view and g27 support. I am going to buy it, but only after I see first update. I just want to see how much on the ball are they with it, before putting my money in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

i backed this on kickstarter sometime in the late 80's, i wonder if I have access. probably do. might try it out

your name should be in game's credits then, there are few screenshots on steam showing them

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

That looks terrible, assume its a marketplace/phone type game?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    That looks terrible, assume its a marketplace/phone type game?

no, it's going to be proper game, currently being sold in pre-alpha stage
    But they do have marketplace versions of first game, currently free to play as promotion on google play and itunes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Shamo

I put so many hours into Carmageddon 2 when I was a teenager, it was great fun and very open ended gameplay/maps. Hadn't actually played C1 before it was released on android a while ago but they did a really good job of that on the phone.

Been waiting on this new one for a while now, i don't care about the graphics in this as long as it's good gameplay and enjoyable (online play is going to be the best part about this I reckon).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Would be nice to see Fear Factory and/or Iron Maiden make a return to the soundtrack. It's hard not to enjoy powersliding the tail end of a pickup truck into a granny when The Trooper is blasting out of the speakers...

I hope Farmer's Fright Harvester will come back, my favorite vehicle for obvious reasons
    177.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,101 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Sarky wrote: »
    Would be nice to see Fear Factory and/or Iron Maiden make a return to the soundtrack. It's hard not to enjoy powersliding the tail end of a pickup truck into a granny when The Trooper is blasting out of the speakers...

Fear Factory is the soundtrack currently. It's the instruments only loop of Zero Signal, same as the original.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Wow, Carmageddon. Brings back memories! :D

Anyone here try the early access version yet?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i was going to, then i saw the video on youtube and decided no. I'll wait for the finished version, it looks ****e as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Sarky wrote: »
    when The Trooper is blasting out of the speakers...

Aces High TBH.

Advertisement