Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC RF Sabb second battery

Options
  • 27-03-2014 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi all,
    I have an RF sabb I'm installing with the standard battery pack. I also have another spare battery pack from a bell where I powered it locally.

Is it possible to use this spare battery pack with battery pack I'm installing in my new bell to give my bell a longer battery time. I.E. 3 years.

I understand that there are spare connections on these packs (yellow and black lead) for plugging into special battery packs. Is it a case of just joining these two together.

Sorry if I'm not very clear in what I'm trying to do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭altor

finnyj wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I have an RF sabb I'm installing with the standard battery pack. I also have another spare battery pack from a bell where I powered it locally.

Is it possible to use this spare battery pack with battery pack I'm installing in my new bell to give my bell a longer battery time. I.E. 3 years.

I understand that there are spare connections on these packs (yellow and black lead) for plugging into special battery packs. Is it a case of just joining these two together.

Sorry if I'm not very clear in what I'm trying to do.

There are two types of packs available for the SABB.
    The one that comes with the bell and another that is plugged into this to give up to 36 Months for the leds on the bell itself. That is what the second lead coming out of the first pack is for.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 finnyj

Is it possible to join two of the standard packs that come with the bell?

Is it possible to join two of the standard packs that come with the bell?

I am sure it could be, 6V is what you would be looking for.

Thanks Altor.

Thanks Altor.

Your welcome finnyj :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

If you look at the side of the battery pack you'll see what each section of the pack is for. As far as I can remember if you parallel the two packs you only use the first two batteries of the second pack as they're not in series. You either take the others out or do a soldering job on the battery terminals in the pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭kub

Hi all,

Hi finnyj, are you aware if you are installing alarms for others and getting payed for it, that you need a PSA licence?

I just noticed from the above that this is not your first bell box.

If you look at the side of the battery pack you'll see what each section of the pack is for. As far as I can remember if you parallel the two packs you only use the first two batteries of the second pack as they're not in series. You either take the others out or do a soldering job on the battery terminals in the pack.

Thanks Fred. The first two seem to be for the siren and the remaining are for the comms.

kub wrote: »
    Hi finnyj, are you aware if you are installing alarms for others and getting payed for it, that you need a PSA licence?

I just noticed from the above that this is not your first bell box.

Thanks Kub. I'm aware of that. Just because it's not my first bell box does not mean for one minute that I'm part of the nixer brigade.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭kub

Thanks Kub. I'm aware of that. Just because it's not my first bell box does not mean for one minute that I'm part of the nixer brigade.

That is fair enough, just giving you a heads up.

• Advertisement

kub wrote: »
    That is fair enough, just giving you a heads up.

Thanks Kub.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Just a heads up you'll void any warranty on the bell if you do not use the correct accessories and if you splice any connections.

The extra battery pack is only €20.

What software is the RF sabb ?

Thanks. I am just trying to find a use for this battery pack which it is no longer required in the original sabb.

I'm not sure which software the sabb is using. Does it make a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Thanks. I am just trying to find a use for this battery pack which it is no longer required in the original sabb.

I'm not sure which software the sabb is using. Does it make a difference?

The older software makes the LEDs alternate much faster than the newer software . The newest software makes the LEDs flash every 5 seconds allowing the batteries to last 3 years depending on activations and bell times.
    There is a software version that upon an entry/exit fault forgets to switch the strobe off for a few minutes.

Advertisement