Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flames of War Vietnam Sale

Options
  • 27-03-2014 6:32pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It's probably too late but there has been a 40% off sale on the Vietnam range on the Battlefront website, it finishes on the 31st March.

Shipping only 10€ max, and the source book 8€, mine arrived yesterday along with the parts of my order that were in stock, what wasnt in stock will be made and shipped then.

My first impression of the army lists and scenarios was that it will offer a very different experience to normal FOW, infantry American forces will have a very small tabletop presence as all their artillery can/or must be held off table (also means less minis required) and non transport helicopters are expensive. However they are much harder to destroy, with failed morale tests only destroying one team instead of the platoon, and also teams can become 'wounded' instead of destroyed.

The North Vietnamese are more familliar, with large infantry forces and a good range of weapons squads, and also the chance to use 'resistance teams' disguised as civilians to move objectives and spot allied units.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

This is something I was considering getting into, after my Late War collection, but decided an Early Was force was more appealing. The price discounts are tempting however, but the lack of players of Vietnam in my area swung it.

Where do you play?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I dont live in Ireland I'm afraid.

But I know what you mean regarding finding people to play with, I was lucky to have enough money saved up to be able to buy enough sets to play small typical vietnam skirmishes (750 points) with both sides (with off table artillery for the americans, which is how it should be really). It still didnt cost much, about 75 euros in total

Advertisement