Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blood Brothers at the Bord Gais

• 27-03-2014 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

This is running from 29 SEP - 11 OCT. I have heard good things about the musical from a few people and I know that it is considered as a classic but I'm not familiar with any of the music. Is it worth going to see?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭tomboylady

I saw it a few years ago in the Gaiety and enjoyed it. Because of the storyline it's obviously a bit depressing compared with most musicals, but well worth seeing. I'll probably head along myself to see it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,620 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Go see it.
    It's fantastic - I've seen it a few times and will go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 nmrmcs

Thanks for the replies, it all sounds positive anyways. I think I'll see how the funds are nearer to the time and decide then whether to go of not :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

It's a great show, written by a well renowned playwright and it shows. Powerful story.

However I feel the revamped music is not as special as the original score. Less is more. They revamped it for the 25th anniversary back in 2007 and I felt it lost a bit of the magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Fiyero

I love it - seen it 5 times I think.

It's amazing...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I saw it in the Gaiety too,it was brilliant but balled my eyes out!!

Have my ticket for this for October,cannot wait to see it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 CL1970

You will enjoy it!!
    I've seen it a 3 times and will go to see again myself!

This is back in the BG theatre until April 8th.
    Rebecca Storm again plays Mrs Johnstone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Didn't realise 8th April was closing night - going to that show myself. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement