Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the best DLCs?

Options
  • 27-03-2014 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭

I'm playing through the Burial at sea DLC for Bioshock infinite at the moment and it got me thinking about the best DLC add-ons for games, my own favorites would be,

the ballad of gay tony for GTA IV
    Old World Blues for Fallout New Vegas
    Undead Nightmare for red dead.

What are everyone's favorites?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

artorias of the abyss for dark souls

two (three) of the best boss fights in the game, some of the best locations in the game and... other good stuff that means it's a great dlc

Bioshock 2: Minerva's Den
    Hands down one of the best piece of gaming for such a small price.

Also, Point Lookout & Broken Steel for Fallout 3
    Ballad of Gay Tony
    Severed: Dead Space 2

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep for Bordlerands 2
    Shadow Broker for Mass Effect 2
    Point Lookout for Fallout 3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

The best that comes to mind immediately is Dragon Age Origins Awakening.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,876 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Fallout 3:

Point Outlook
    The Pitt

Artorias of the Abyss added some amazing sections to Dark souls and some brilliant lore

Selvaria's DLC in Valkyria Chronicles was a great addition

Minerva's Den was better than Bioshock 2.

Both DLC packs were fnatastic for Dishonored, really liked the new protagonist.

I really enjoyed all the super boss DLC for Shin Megami Tensei 4 but it's not for everyone. Most of them are so hard the real challenge is creating the utterly broken demons needed to kill them.

The ending DLC for Asura's Wrath. There was a lot of contraversy over this DLC but without it you do get things wrapped up. However the ending DLC wraps things up far better. Each of the four chapters is far better than anything in the main game and it's one hell of an emotional pay off at the end (and a really bizarre and funny end sequence that makes the game canon in a very famous franchise!).

Knives Chau for Scott Pilgrim. New character for pennies? Not bad for the price.

I wasn't a big fan of the Mass Effect 2 DLC. It was ok but nothing special. I was very disappointed with Shadow Broker after hearing so much about it. The DLC focused mainly on combat which was the weakest part of Mass Effect 2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

ES: Oblivion Knights of the Nine and the pit in fallout 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Op Arrowhead for Arma 2, not exactly a DLC but required Arma 2 sort of.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Lair of the Shadow Broker for Mass Effect 2.

It was about 3 missions in 1 and loads of cool bits of lore available after.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Daud's dlc from Dishonored
    Minerva's den
    the alan wake dlc was pretty good, better than american nightmare
    undead nightmare is cool too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Dr Neds Zombie Island for Borderlands
    Big Surf Island for Burnout Paradise (it was more of the same and that was all I wanted!)
    Old world Blues for Fallout NV

• Advertisement
Advertisement