Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What height will I be ?

• 27-03-2014 4:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭

So I'm just curios on approx what height I will be ? If it's possibe even for me to reach 6'3

So I'm in my early teens 14-16
    My dad is 5'10
    My mam is 5'6

my Dads
    mam - small
    dad - 5'8

my Mams
    mam - 5'9
    dad - 5'11

At the moment I'm about 5'10 same height as my dad , I've outgrown my older sister and really want to grow taller so it can benefit my rowing .
    Is it even possible for me to grow to 6 foot ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

AFAIK, there is no way to know what height you will be, there are so many factors that come into it. Ultimately, you keep growing until you are about 21/22.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 WanderingElk

Really hard to know, too many variables... maybe look at our relations, if they are tall there is a possibility you will be too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

If you get measured on your second birthday and double that height, that's a fairly good indicator. Bit late for you now. You might grow another 2 inches I'd say, depending on whether you're growing a beard yet lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭MRledzepo

sopretty wrote: »
    If you get measured on your second birthday and double that height, that's a fairly good indicator. Bit late for you now. You might grow another 2 inches I'd say, depending on whether you're growing a beard yet lol.

what part of heaven did you fall from ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭kc90

MRledzepo wrote: »
    what part of heaven did you fall from ?

What does this mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭MRledzepo

kc90 wrote: »
    What does this mean?

I was being sarcastic as I was probably 2 foot when I was 2 and I'm now 5'9 and I think i've more than 2 more inches to grow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

MRledzepo wrote: »
    I was being sarcastic as I was probably 2 foot when I was 2 and I'm now 5'9 and I think i've more than 2 more inches to grow

You'd be surprised how tall you were on your 2nd birthday! I was half of 5'5" on my second birthday. I'm 5'4" now. :p

Once 'adulthood' sets in, men don't grow too much. Start worrying about your height when you grow hair on your chest. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭seamonkey92

About 60 to 80 % of the difference in height between individuals is determined by genetic factors, whereas 20 to 40 % can be attributed to environmental effects, mainly nutrition. Eat your greens!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

It's hard to know, my father's family are all tall, my mother's are small enough. My sister is tall but my brother and I are both small, about 5' 6". Wanting to be taller doesn't cone into it, I'd like to reach 6' but I'm pretty sure that at 36, the only way I'll be growing is out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Usually if you are the first boy in the family the height might be the same or taller than your dad, its the average of the two heights of your parents usually especially if you were a girl but you be nearer to your Dad's height I say. Its still possible to be taller than your Dad! If second boy born in family can be same height or sometimes smaller than your dad or average height of parents. Could go either way each person is different.

• Advertisement
Advertisement