Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too creepy?

Options
  • 27-03-2014 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭

There is a coffee shop near where I work and I find the girl that works there quite attractive.

We had a brief chat one time and my friend told me she thinks there was a spark there.
    So I wanted to ask her out, but wanted to chat more first. But ever since it has always been busy, there is a queue behind me so there isnt a chance to chat...just a hello and a smile. It has been over a month and i havent got a window of opportunity.

So my question is, would it be too creepy to ask her out without chatting much? I would think so but my friend disagrees.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭dixiefly

I dont think it would be creepy since you are having a more frequent interaction. We always read that the Irish are too cautious in asking people out.

However, would there not be an opportunity for you to conveniently go there at a less busy time, say late afternoon or early morning & then get said opportunity to chat?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I'd definitely try and talk to her some more before asking her out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

dixiefly wrote: »
    However, would there not be an opportunity for you to conveniently go there at a less busy time, say late afternoon or early morning & then get said opportunity to chat?

Unfortunately we have fixed break times due to short staffing.
    I think the best chance will be if my weekend overtime coincides. (Not going to work overtime especially!)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭heretochat

Do you know anything at all about this girl - is she single etc.?

She works in the services/catering industry and would be expected to be polite/smile at customers.

You had a brief chat a month ago and there has been nothing since. If it was me and I really wanted to ask someone out I would have done so by now. Maybe ask yourself why you haven't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Ask her out ! Yes there is a risk shes just being polite, but whats the downside ? Possibly slightly akward moments when buying coffee in the future?. Just as to go for a quick coffee sometime, your not asking for a hand in marriage or even a date.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

There is a coffee shop near where I work and I find the girl that works there quite attractive.

We had a brief chat one time and my friend told me she thinks there was a spark there.
    So I wanted to ask her out, but wanted to chat more first. But ever since it has always been busy, there is a queue behind me so there isnt a chance to chat...just a hello and a smile. It has been over a month and i havent got a window of opportunity.

So my question is, would it be too creepy to ask her out without chatting much? I would think so but my friend disagrees.

Thanks

You're not thinking of asking her out at lunchtime, in the queue, when she's busy working, with people queueing up behind you, right?

Why don't you drop in after work with the place close by. Should be way less busy and she'd prob just be about finishing her shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭kittycati

Or next time ...slip her your number when you are paying ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

i would just like to say that it might not be a good idea to go to her work as it is closing as it might creep her out.

If you want to be really forward then hand her a note saying. It's always too busy to chat but here's my number....

As some one who worked in retail for many years, being bothered in work by a guy is extremely annoying. I genuinely believe that it is not the time or the place. I worked in a busy take away and it would not have mattered if James Franco himself was trying to chat me up, i would be annoyed at anything beyond the polite 'customer conversation' and 'give me your damn order and sit down!' :P
    But a note is easily put in a pocket for later in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭dobman88

Yep, another vote here for the note. Something quick saying its always too busy to chat and if she might fancy a coffee sometime and your number of course. Nothing ventured.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Thing is the note could be considered a bit childish / primary school ish.

Less busier time like weekend would be better.

• Advertisement

She is single and is looking for a boyfriend because my friend knows one of the other workers there.

No, Im definately not going to ask her out in the queue while she is busy. That is why I havent asked already.

Im going to wait until my next weekend on or I will write a note.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Don't do the note! It happened to me where I worked and I felt really under pressure. It's kind of putting her on the spot in my opinion.

I think maybe you should ask her in a general way what her plans are for the weekend, and suggest you meet up in the same bar with other friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Pinkmoon19

I like the idea of a note. Is he has any interest in you she will be in touch and if not at least you'll know. Go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭apieceofcake

I would go for the note idea too if it was me.

Coming from a girl's point of view, it would give me a bit more time to think about it ! (I would be very flattered though)

Hope she says yes :)

Thanks for all the replies. I handed a note to her today so I will see how it goes. And I have a week off work so no dodgy coffee at least =P

Just an update. She sent me a nice message that I was nice and that we can chat sometime......but she has a boyfriend =( So my source was wrong =|
    I'm glad that I tried, because it's hard for me to do so. Thanks for your advice all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭dobman88

Just an update. She sent me a nice message that I was nice and that we can chat sometime......but she has a boyfriend =( So my source was wrong =|
    I'm glad that I tried, because it's hard for me to do so. Thanks for your advice all.

Well done for taking the plunge, not easy to do and at least she was nice about it. But, if it was me I wouldn't go chatting to her if she has a bf, that could end badly. Best of luck next time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

fair play! So many people, including myself, might have been too afraid of embarrassment to do something about it, but you went for it anyway.

Sorry that it didn't work out, at least not yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

fair play to you for giving her the note, not many people would have the balls to! least you know now

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭missjm

Well done you and don't let the reply put you off in the future. It was nice of her to reply and let you know which suggests she was flattered and admired you for giving her the note. Otherwise she'd have just dismissed it and not sent you a text.

Speaking as a single lady, I wish Irish men were a little more pro-active this way. :)

• Advertisement

^^

I'd be very flattered anyway :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Fair play, you gave it a go, and you know one way or another now.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Lauzzy22

Add her on Facebook!!!

Lauzzy22 wrote: »
    Add her on Facebook!!!

god no.....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

As the OP has their answer we are closing this thread.

All the best OP.
    Taltos

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement