Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raybans 90% Off

Options
  • 27-03-2014 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭

The UK Rayban website has major discounts on it's sunglasses.

http://www.raybanssunglass-uk.com/

Someone else have a look at it please and see what ye think.

I got the link through Facebook and my skepticism is narrowly outranking my desire to buy a couple of pairs by a very narrow margin. Great bargain if legit methinks (even with shipping).

MOD EDIT: Doesn't look legit to me! Closing...

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

i think thats a fake website?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Definitely fake

They're also expensive fakes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Why not ask Julia Leroy (asuhuaidan001@hotmail.com or +44.01883715708)

Public information from the site's registration:
    http://www.whois.com/whois/raybanssunglass-uk.com

Rayban can't afford anything better than hotmail at those prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

I'm also guessing fake.

The real uk site is http://www.ray-ban.com/uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Yes, what I was afraid of, thanks for the 2nd and 3rd and etc opinions.

Just checking the original Facebook Page for "Raybans UK" and it was recently set up and only has 2 likes.

Back to the drawing board...... sunglassless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Defo a fake, luxury brands NEVER offer 90% off anything direct. It would be a huge marketing mistake cause after spending millions in advertising to make the brand and product seem desireable to consumers the action of later reducing the price by 90% tells the consumer that you're making complete tat and were ripping them off.

Anyway there is a world of difference between the real and the fake Rayban site. I'm sure the lads will still snag a good few thousand customers over the two or three days it's there. At £25 for a pair of sunglasses almost none of them will complain when they lose their money. It's the classic fraud tactic- take a small amount of money off a large amount of people and you'll make a lot more than you would have robbing a post office and will have only a fraction of the heat from the police. The people who got done are embarrassed that they got stung and they would prefer see the £25 go down the swanny that explain how dumb they've been to a cop. That way the fraudster can remain below the radar for a long time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement