Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Co-Op Performance Report

Options
  • 27-03-2014 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭

Anyone know when these are out? last year it was out in feb, no sign of it on my icbf profile yet this year

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,375 ✭✭✭stanflt

Milked out wrote: »
    Anyone know when these are out? last year it was out in feb, no sign of it on my icbf profile yet this year

Mine is there since early jan

I'm Glanbia

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭tilting tim

Milked out wrote: »

Ya Kerry posted them out last month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭Milked out

tanx lads, dg here thought it should be out already, was last year the first year of those reports

• Registered Users Posts: 18 harry molloy

Yr 3 now, at least. Great job for focusing the mind on poorly performing areas- and cheers a fella up with the odd 100%

I wish I had you litres! Keep an eye on fat% of your bulls. Maybe you would be tempted by the small brown fellas at the back of the book?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,375 ✭✭✭stanflt

I wish I had you litres! Keep an eye on fat% of your bulls. Maybe you would be tempted by the small brown fellas at the back of the book?

had a prob with acidosis last summer 3.2 fat for may and june

always bred for low fat high protein

stanflt wrote: »
    had a prob with acidosis last summer 3.2 fat for may and june

always bred for low fat high protein

How is it that you breed for low fat?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

How is it that you breed for low fat?

I'd assume he means he puts much more weight on protein, protein kgs of milk are worth 1.6 times a kg of fat, so if you got two bulls both with combined 30kgs of solids, one is 20kg f and 10kg p, and the other 10kg f and 20kg p, you should pick the one with higher protein. I'm using sires like pbm, ksk, jkf as they all have very good kgs of protein.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Low fat for quota reasons. Didn't everyone do that in the 90s and early 00s? Plus fat bulls didn't get a look in here.

Advertisement