Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung tab 3 boot loop

Options
  • 27-03-2014 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

looking for help here, samsung tab3 7' wont turn on keeps goin to the samsung logo

i've tried the power button and volume up and eventually got into the recovery mode to do a factory reset but when i try to scroll down to 'data/factory reset yes' it wont let me click on it for some reason keeps jumping over it

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Have you tried reflashing the firmware from the recovery mode? Was it performing a firmware update when it crashed?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

yoyo wrote: »
    Have you tried reflashing the firmware from the recovery mode? Was it performing a firmware update when it crashed?

Nick
    would'nt have a clue how to do that, i cant connect it to my computor either just keeps saying software not found

just turned the tablet on monday morning and it just kept turning on and off as far as the samsung logo

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

would'nt have a clue how to do that, i cant connect it to my computor either just keeps saying software not found

just turned the tablet on monday morning and it just kept turning on and off as far as the samsung logo

Does the Samsung Tab use Kies? If it does there is a firmware recovery tool in Kies somewhere. I'll move this over to the Android forum where it's more suited

Nick

Does the Samsung Tab use Kies? If it does there is a firmware recovery tool in Kies somewhere. I'll move this over to the Android forum where it's more suited

Nick
    No dont think so , thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Best advice I could give in that case is to take it to a phone repair shop as the reflashing process is basically the same as the process of reflashing Samsung phones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Nick
    No dont think so , thanks

Yes it does use Kies, you can go to TOOLS > EMERGENCY FIRMWARE RECOVERY to resolve the issue.

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Yes it does use Kies, you can go to TOOLS > EMERGENCY FIRMWARE RECOVERY to resolve the issue.

How do i get to tools?i can't turn use tab on

How do i get to tools?i can't turn use tab on

Samsung Kies is a freeware software application used to communicate between Windows or Macintosh operating systems and your tablet/phone.

You can download it here.

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Samsung Kies is a freeware software application used to communicate between Windows or Macintosh operating systems and your tablet/phone.

You can download it here.
    will this work without having to turn on the tablet?

anyone know why i cant factory reset, i can get into the option but it keeps jumping over 'yes factory reset'

Bluefrog wrote: »
    Best advice I could give in that case is to take it to a phone repair shop as the reflashing process is basically the same as the process of reflashing Samsung phones.
    Any idea how much that would cost?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

IF you bought it new you have 2 years warranty ,go back to the shop.

riclad wrote: »
    IF you bought it new you have 2 years warranty ,go back to the shop.
    Bought from amazon in December so prob not worth the hassle of sending it back

will this work without having to turn on the tablet?

anyone know why i cant factory reset, i can get into the option but it keeps jumping over 'yes factory reset'

Yes it should work without the tablet booting up. Just install Kies on your laptop or PC and connect the tablet via the cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Kies will probably put the tablet into download mode for you when you go through the process of restoring it.
    If it's anything like my Note II it'll take several hours to download and install the rom.

tallus wrote: »
    Kies will probably put the tablet into download mode for you when you go through the process of restoring it.
    If it's anything like my Note II it'll take several hours to download and install the rom.

In kies now on my computer but nothing happens when i choose emergency firmware recovery

There should be another option in that menu, can't remember exactly what it was, but try the second option.

Try the Firmware Upgrade and Installation, option. That's the one I used.

It will most likely ask for the serial number of your device, and the model name.

In kies now on my computer but nothing happens when i choose emergency firmware recovery

I.m in kies now,have choose firmware emergency recovery but nothin seems to be happening

That's why I suggested using the second option.

• Advertisement

I.m in kies now clicked on emergency recovery firmware but nothin seems to be happening

That's why I suggested using the second option.

Second option?

I.m in kies now clicked on emergency recovery firmware but nothin seems to be happening

Post #18 of this thread.

Post #18 of this thread.

Sorry seen that now,other option is firmware and instillizing but when i put model and sn in its says device not supported for instilliz

Are you sure you're I putting the data correctly ?
    I thought all devices were supported using Kies.

Any luck with Kies ?

Any luck with Kies ?

No luck yet, my computer won't recognise the tab,its fairly old computer running vista

Mine worked using XP :/

• Advertisement

Mine worked using XP :/

Think i.l just have to give in and bring it in somewhere

Advertisement