Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Maths tips 2014

Options
  • 27-03-2014 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi Guys :)

Just wondering has anyone got tips about what's coming up in this year's LC Maths exam? Please and thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Nobody can tell you what's coming up on the exam. If ye knew, where would be the fun in that? The predictability factor has gone out the window, it's nigh on impossible to guess. Don't be guessing anyway, if you know the syllabus enough, you should be able to take a good stab at all the questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Exo

Russian roulette. Study anything and everything humanly possible - there's no telling what paper certain exam questions will be on (categorising sections to an individual paper is no longer a thing).

Calculus is open field this year, expect a lot of 'integration' (not the mathematical kind) of calculus throughout the paper(s).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

How are you guys approaching the theorems?

We use the Active Maths textbook and at the back of book two there are about seven theorems listed with formal proofs. I vaguely remember some of them from JC but that's it. Our teacher said we can get away without them due to the optional part of question six but I want to be assured.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

robman60 wrote: »
    How are you guys approaching the theorems?

We use the Active Maths textbook and at the back of book two there are about seven theorems listed with formal proofs. I vaguely remember some of them from JC but that's it. Our teacher said we can get away without them due to the optional part of question six but I want to be assured.

We were told we only had to formally prove 11-13? But be able to apply the rest of them, obviously.

Also, how did we all find our mocks? We had the DEB one which was horrendous. Passed it, but the average mark was 37% ish.

Advertisement