Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SI 9 - how will architects react

Options
  • 27-03-2014 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

In particular to this
    I am concerned about the possibility of customers being exploited by professionals under these regulations. I will monitor the situation over the coming weeks and if I detect that the professional bodies are exploiting customers to the extent that the Deputy alleged – he only mentioned one quotation – I am prepared to consider ways of ensuring customers are not financially exploited in the manner to which he alluded.”

from this

Perhaps the best way for architects not to "exploit" customers is to not quote at all for services required by Hogans mess.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

How will architects react....nearly every quote/soundbite I hear from Hogan makes my blood boil!

As he said a few weeks ago...'the market will dictate'. As for consumers being exploited, the next thing that will come out of his mouth, probably, will be 'shop around'.

If it was not for Shatter, et al, I'm sure the fiasco of SI 9 would be getting a lot more public attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,173 ✭✭✭✭DvB

The 'Shop Around' reference has already been quoted somewhere... IIRC anyway.

The funny thing is, through SI.9 the pool of suitably qualified agents is small, too small to accommodate any significant rise in construction sector activity, therefore 'shopping around' may not be a realistic concept.

The more the minister speaks on this subject the more he indicates his ignorance as to how the industry works & how it can be genuinely improved. I suspect his outright stubbornness being the real stumbling block to have this addressed correctly.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Advertisement