Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox live question

Options
  • 27-03-2014 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Ok so used to play ssf4 on the ps3 but was to xbox is the place to be for ssf so I want to get an xbox.. The thing is i never played one so have no clue about them, I have be looking at a few on adverts.ie and have been talking to a lad that is willing to sell his for 70 euro without any games.. he said it works fine online and is about 4 years old... should I be worried about an xbox being 4 years old??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

I don't think that's so bad. Mine is like over 6 years old but it only plays street fighter and often it crashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Ok so used to play ssf4 on the ps3 but was to xbox is the place to be for ssf so I want to get an xbox.. The thing is i never played one so have no clue about them, I have be looking at a few on adverts.ie and have been talking to a lad that is willing to sell his for 70 euro without any games.. he said it works fine online and is about 4 years old... should I be worried about an xbox being 4 years old??

There are some on this forum who work with these consoles and the support for them on a daily basis so the following would be open to their superior critique but there are generally fine once they are not the very first model. Do you know what the model is? Also, keep it is a dry, cool place and not between books. Also, shop around. A 5 min search shows LOADS of the them on adverts.ie like this one http://www.adverts.ie/xbox/xbox-360/4809735. As XBONE is out, this is not that surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Does adverts have any kind of buyer protection?

I'd ask for a video showing that the two serial number stickers (one at the back and one in with the usb ports on the front) match and that the same serial number appears on the system info screen in console settings. Then show it connecting to Xbox Live without any errors.

'Cause you don't want a banned console now do ya?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Does adverts have any kind of buyer protection?

I'd ask for a video showing that the two serial number stickers (one at the back and one in with the usb ports on the front) match and that the same serial number appears on the system info screen in console settings. Then show it connecting to Xbox Live without any errors.

'Cause you don't want a banned console now do ya?

He could just ask to pick it up from their house and ask can he see it online there.

Or check if the seller has good feedback, he wouldn't likely be lying if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭The irish masher

Thanks for your help lads
    Well I went to the lads house that I bought it off and he was playing it online so should be all good... now to just try get used to the xbox controller and let the street fighting begin :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement