Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TT sizing help/advice?

Options
  • 26-03-2014 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭

looking to get a TT bike, whenever funds allow. As ill more than likely be buying 2nd hand im looking for a bit of advice as to what size would be best. i know its a "how long is a piece of string question", but hopeing some fellow boardsies can give me a few tips/pointers as to sizing.
    my road bike has a 58.5 tt with 110mm stem, so what sort of size range would i need to look at?
    ive heard people say that tt bikes are GENERALLY one size smaller than road bikes, so i PRESUME id be looking at a 56 tt?

cheers in advance.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,093 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I've 58 road bikes and a couple of 56 TT bikes which works fine

On the track I've a 58 which is perfect for normal racing but slightly big for the TT/pursuit bars. Having said that it's close enough to adjust the bars accordingly. I think a 1 size reduction is just about right for most people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

cheers Beasty...now just to get saving...seen a beauty online but i think its a shade too small...54 top tube!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Beasty wrote: »
    I've 58 road bikes and a couple of 56 TT bikes which works fine

On the track I've a 58 which is perfect for normal racing but slightly big for the TT/pursuit bars. Having said that it's close enough to adjust the bars accordingly. I think a 1 size reduction is just about right for most people

58 road bikes. :eek: I just did some research there and discovered I'm a long lost relation. Any chance I could get one or two bikes off you?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭dermabrasion

i ride a road 56 with 110 stem for road. I just built up a TT 54, with 110 stem. The TT just fits, in that i am full stretch and pretty flat back. While I am not used to it yet, I am way faster, but running out of gas fairly quickly. So while I might have some tinkering to do, the one-size down from a road bike rule held true.

Advertisement